Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Bleah.... Weak Day

Goal: 8.00km Actual: 8.51 km

I've got to remember that I would have days like these at the gymn as well. Days where easy things are hard and hard things are impossible. I am so not sure whether this is on the list of things you should not do or if it's on the list of things that hardly matter. I had a thick slice of whole wheat bread with Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese and rosehip jam before I went riding today. Forgetting about the fact that the ingredients sound exotic we could say what I did was equivalent to eating a couple of slices of Hawaiian pizza before my ride. I also downed a glass of water because I am almost always not quite hydrated and then I went for a ride. Did I mention I was tired today? For lack of a better name, I call these "weak days". Nonetheless, I met my goal. As I walked in the door with my bike, I felt like I could have honestly gone further. Where was that feeling when I was on the bike? Now that I sat down, I know I made the right decision. That, and the fact that I am scared of being out in a lightning storm. My bike has rubber tires, my boots have rubber soles.... I might just be in luck.

To think I was going to up my goal to 10km. Days like these are good reminders of why I must be patient with my goals. They have to be something I can attain and raise gradually. One day, this distance for a goal is going to be laughable. Till then, this is my goal.

1 comment:

Bicycle!Bicycle! said...

Thanks for the comment on my site. I've been pretty busy lately and haven't even had a chance to try to post anything. And i don't want to until i can figure out the picture posting dealy.
Hang in there. the biking will come oh so natural and rewarding soon. you'll be jonesing for a lot more riding in no time.