Monday, July 9, 2007

Upped my Goal...

Goal: 10.00 km (6.125 miles)
Yesterday: 10.26 km (6.4 miles)
Today: 10.44 km (6.5 miles)

Yesterday, I rode up East of Juan Tabo to Chelwood Park, and then west to Wyoming.
Today, I rode East to Juan Tabo, and West past Wyoming to Louisana. It seems the trail ends at Louisiana. I've seen the map, but I was kind of hoping it was not true. The trail ends at Louisana and there you have a bus station. I am not using my left gear very often. I think I need to get it fixed... You have to force it so far over to shift it's actually a hinderance to my really learning my gears. I discovered a whole new set of gears that seem to work well for the times I am going really fast. I can pedal and have it mean something. Not that I really am all that anxious to hit 30.... 20 seems exciting enough at the moment.

Hmmmmm..... someone asked about healthy vegan treats on the trail. I find the Oreo suggestion suspect -- not in veganness, mind you, but healthiness. Oreos.... healthy.... Oreos.... healthy..... Hmmmmmm..... I have an idea for my next blog entry.

3 comments:

Tofu Mom (AKA Tofu-n-Sprouts) said...

Heehee, Oreos still rock as the snack of choice.

Glad to hear how much progress you've made!

Way to go!

LisaJean119 said...

I've had glasses since the third grade.. I'm not thinking that soy is causing my poor eyesight.. I'm thinking maybe soy or my poor eyesight is triggering my migraines.. I need new glasses.. so sometimes that can cause a headache.. also.. When I am eating a vegan diet... I eat a lot of soy products... and I think that might be the cause of my migraines as well.

Thanks for your comments!!!

Amy said...

For peace of mind you could take your bike to a shop for a tune-up. They'll get it all lubed and running nicely! I think it ran me about $50 in my part of the country.